Hopefully a change in seasons is imminent and we could all be basking in beautiful sunshine by the beginning of June?! With the summer season comes a new wardrobe and in the current economic climate we all need to be a bit more thrifty when it comes to new clothes, shoes and accessories. There are a couple of options which will help you to revive your summer wardrobe without breaking the bank, but first of all you need to have a good sort through the wardrobes in your house and decide which items of clothing you and your family no longer need or want. A good rule to stick to, is that if you haven’t worn something for a year then chances are you probably won’t wear it again and you should sell the used clothes for cash.
Sell your used clothes and make cash for new ones
Once you have decided on the used clothes, shoes and accessories that you would like to sell, you need to decide whether you are going to sell them as individual items or as a bundle. It is very popular to bundle children’s clothing together and advertise more expensive items individually. Please consider all of the following when placing your items for sale:
- Please try and remember that you are selling the items to make cash, so try not to focus too much on the amount you originally paid and be realistic with your pricing.
- It’s always advisable to sell the right type of clothing as per the current season, so if you have some spring/summer items you want to sell, this would be particularly great right now.
- Always try to wash and iron the clothes before you list them for sale and keep them in a nice clean environment until you are ready to exchange for cash.
- Be truthful in your description, if there is some wear and tear it needs to be stated in the ad.
- Take good photographs of all your items and put some thought into the background in the pictures.
- Clothes sizing is important, especially if you are bundling together, you need to make sure that all items are listed with their sizes in the ad.
Here are a just a few clothing items currently for sale on ads’ere
Remember that you are selling the items in order to revamp your wardrobe so any cash you make put it safely to one side until you have enough to get your new summer look
Swap your unwanted clothes
Swishing parties are becoming increasingly popular in the UK especially amongst women, Swishing is apparently the term used for a clothes swapping party. Swapping your unwanted clothes is a fantastic idea as it enables you to add new clothes, shoes and accessories to your wardrobe without it affecting your bank balance and it’s also good for our environment. recycling your clothes in this way is also good for your sole, it always helps knowing that the items you have lovingly worn and looked after are going to a nice new home. If you don’t have the time to attend swishing parties you can always swap your clothes easily on-line as per these ads:
Whether you choose to sell or swap both are great ways to revamp your wardrobe without spending a penny, so what are you waiting for get sorting and place some free ads on ads’ere let us help you to make some cash.
If you can think of any other ways to make cash from your old clothes please feel free to share them with us in the comments below: